Lebanon Hills Regional Park - 7.08 - 7.26: JHP Summer Challenge Pulls
Come join county staff and other JHP Challengers at one of our prearranged JHP work events. These events are planned to help you acquire more hours for your JHP Summer Challenge, further our outreach in the park, and to provide a space for some healthy/competitive camaraderie. Who can find and pull the tallest plant??
Not yet registered for the JHP summer challenge? Register here first.
A member of the carrot family, Japanese Hedge Parsley is native to Eurasia. It was brought to North America as a medicinal herb in the early 1900s. This is an early detection species - it is a non-native, invasive, high-risk species. This pesky plant spreads by the hooked seeds attaching to fur and clothing, making it likely to spread through contact with people and animals (especially along trails).
*Lebanon Hills Regional Park
860 Cliff Road
Eagan, MN 55123
Monday mornings (July 12, 19, 26)
10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday nights (July 8, 15, 22)
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
*Actual meeting location will vary at each event. Please pre-register so that we can notify you of exact meeting location and other event details.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely and effectively remove this invasive species
- Work with a team to remove JHP from predetermined sections of the park
- Remove pulled plants safely from the work sites
- Must be able to walk on uneven terrain and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be OK with walking longer distances (up to 1 - 2 miles per event)
- Must be OK with getting a little dirty and being outside in nature
- Fun for the whole family and all age groups
- If you would like to volunteer as a group (families not included), please contact our Volunteer Coordinator before registering.
Minimum Time Commitment
1.5 - 2 hours
Easy - May include light work or walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Comfortable shoes recommended.
Garrett Zaffke | Community Relations and Volunteer Services Coordinator
Dakota County Communications
1590 Highway 55| Hastings, MN 55033
Direct: (651) 438-4635 | Fax: (651) 438-4405 | Email: email@example.com
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes