Lebanon Hills Regional Park - 9.23: National Public Lands Day at Lebanon Hills
Give a little love to your local park. Join Dakota County staff, Great River Greening staff, and other volunteers to help us improve the health and quality of our park through a morning of fun park restoration projects. Together, we will plant and seed native prairie grasses and wildflowers to further restoration efforts at Lebanon Hills Regional Park.
This fun, hands-on, family-friendly event will give you opportunity to participate and learn about stewardship and natural resource restoration through park improvement projects. All ages and abilities are welcome. We will offer both kid-friendly activities as well as adult activities. Admission and parking are free and a thank you lunch will be provided to volunteers afterwards.
Registration: Great River Greening will be taking care of registration this year. To register for this event, click on the link listed below. You will then be prompted to register for the event through GivePulse.
Lebanon Hills Regional Park - Visitor Center
860 Cliff Road
Eagan, MN 55123
Saturday, Sept. 23
8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - Registration
9 a.m. – Noon - Project
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help plant and seed native prairies.
- Help support the work project as needed.
- Attend the whole event.
- Must be 16 or older to participate alone (15 and under can volunteer with an adult).
- Some areas will have uneven terrain and need standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift carry 5-25 pounds safely.
- Event will be outside.
- If you would like to volunteer as a group (families not included), please contact our Volunteer Coordinator before registering.
Minimum Time Commitment
Active - Involves physical exertion for an extended period of time; can involve rough, uneven or steep terrain. Not recommended for volunteers with physical limitations.
Garrett Zaffke | Community Relations and Volunteer Services Coordinator
Dakota County Communications
1590 Highway 55| Hastings, MN 55033
Direct: (651) 438-4635 | Fax: (651) 438-4405 | Email: email@example.com
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes