Volunteer Trail Patrol Teams - Greenway Trail Patrol
Enjoy the outdoors while also assisting park visitors with questions, directions and first aid care. Our patrol units offer a vital service to the trail programs by being trained individuals who are onsite to assist our park users with day to day operations and emergencies. Volunteer on your own time (no set schedule), while personally enjoying the trails, it doesn’t get better than that!
Dakota County's Greenway Trail Patrol team ride on all of our county greenways in Dakota County. Click here to learn more about our greenways.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help provide a safe and enjoyable experience to all park visitors.
- Provide directions and help answer questions.
- Assist in an emergency if you are onsite.
- Carry a cell phone with you while on patrol to be accessible to visitor center contact.
- Must be 16 years old or older.
- Good physical fitness and customer service skills.
- Intermediate riding skill level.
- Must provide own gear (bike, roller blades, etc.) and helmet.
- Completion of all required training.
- Complete a background check with the county (if applicable).
- Free CPR/First Aid Training after you complete 15 hours of service.
- Great way to gather hours for school requirements, professional development, etc.
- Set your own schedule and times.
- Great opportunity to grow personally: customer service, emergency prep, and people skills.
- A great team full of people who love what you already like to do.
The Park Trail Patrol team is a one-year commitment: Nov. 1 - Oct. 31 but you are able to set up when you go out and serve. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least 30 hours within the one year commitment.
Volunteers must complete all training before working on patrol.
- Volunteer Patrol Training - Monday, December 6 at 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. (Zoom meeting)
- CPR & First Aid Certification - online training will be completed by volunteer on their own time. Certification cost will be reimbursed by the county once 15 hours is reached by the volunteer annually.
Active - Involves physical exertion for an extended period of time; can involve rough, uneven or steep terrain. Not recommended for volunteers with physical limitations.
Garrett Zaffke | Community Relations and Volunteer Services Coordinator
Dakota County Communications
1590 Highway 55| Hastings, MN 55033
Direct: (651) 438-4635 | Fax: (651) 438-4405 | Email: email@example.com
- Accepted Data Privacy Notice - Tennessen Notice Must be Yes
- Background Check Must be Completed: Cleared
- Signed Volunteer Waiver Must be at least Yes