Youth Ministry - Summer Camp
Be a part of serving the community through our summer camp program!
Summer Camp volunteers are instrumental to the success of our summer camp. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to
- Work with up to 15 children at a time
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Lead fun activities while ensuring safety of youth
Volunteers are needed Monday – Friday throughout the summer
- 18 years or older
- Prior experience working with children
- Must have a passion for helping
- Reliable, professional, and friendly
- Ability to show kindness to everyone
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Kent Lee at Kent.Lee@usc.salvationarmy.org.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- Illinois Mandated Reporter Training Must be Completed