Social Service - Food Pantry Volunteer
Be a part of serving the community in our food pantry by providing help and hope who are in need. Join us in welcoming and directing clients to our food pantry. Volunteers will check the client forms, help distribute goods, and ensure clients get the correct items.
The food pantry assistant will greet shoppers and explain how the food pantry operates. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to qualifying shoppers:
- assist in collecting donated food items
- unpack bulk food items and restock shelves
- bagging and boxing groceries for clients
- continuously stocking shelves
- maintain the food pantry area clean and sanitized at the end of each shift (must wear face-covering and gloves for safety)
Volunteer shifts are Monday 11:30 am - 1:00 pm; 10:00 am - 12:00 pm Tuesday and Thursday. Join us for one shift or many shifts as you are available!
- 18 years or older
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess effective communication abilities
- Friendly personality and smile
- Must be able to comfortably lift cases of food (30+lbs)
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable, professional, and friendly
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check - may be required
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army Facilities or volunteer sites
Dress Code Policy: Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Shirts with print are not to be offensive. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed-toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering. If you use a fabric face covering, please ensure these do not make a statement. Plain, patterned, and Salvation Army face coverings are appropriate.
*Off Street Parking is available*
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Carlos Moran at Carlos.Moran@usc.salvationarmy.org
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 30 lbs.
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon