2018 MN State Fair - Public Lands Day
Purpose (why we are doing this)
Minnesotans value their state lands and affirmed their support with the passage of the 2008 Clean Water, Land and Legacy Amendment. The DNR manages these public lands on behalf of our citizens and continually strives to improve the state’s land portfolio through strategic purchases, sales and exchanges. We do this to ensure the state’s public land base meets the recreation, conservation and economic needs into the future.
Responsibilities (duties and tasks)
Sit or stand at the entrance of the DNR Building as you:
- Hand out information cards to fairgoers
- Refer questions to the DNR Information Booth
- Provide general directions at the fair (location of buildings in DNR Park, closest restrooms, etc.)
- Represent the DNR in a positive fashion
Avoid expressing personal opinions on DNR-related issues
- Friendly and able to communicate with the public verbally
- Physically able to work in a non-air conditioned area
- Able to pass a criminal background check
State Fair Safety Training
- All volunteers must complete an online safety training quiz to be eligible to work at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Please go to the DNR State Fair Safety Training page for instructions.
Minimum Time Commitment:
Thursday, August 30, 2018
3.5 hour shift (either 10 AM - 1:30 PM OR 1:30 - 5:00 PM)
This activity generally occurs on
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon