Park Spark - Park Spark Youth Committee
Title: Park Spark Youth Committee
The Park Spark Youth committee will provide an opportunity for youth to give input, inspiration, development, and implementation of activities within Coquitlam parks. All skill levels and experience are appreciated and accepted. The committee provides an opportunity to not only share your love of the outdoors but to act as a voice in development of park activities and resources for youth in Coquitlam parks.
• Between the ages of 13-17 years
• Like working with others
• Ability to problem solve
• Able to work and communicate effectively with others
• Ability to follow direction and represent the City in a professional manner
• Enjoy the outdoors and having fun!
• Open to trying new things
• Attend Park Spark Youth Committee Orientation
• Assist with brainstorming events/ programs
• Assist with planning events/ programs
• Assist with implementation of events/ programs
• Assist with promoting youth engagement in park events
• Attend and assist with regular programs and special events
• Attend Regular Committee Meetings- Dates and times to be determined
Training and Support
• New Committee Member Volunteer orientation
• Opportunity to attend selected seminars and training as available
• Supervision and support from Park Spark Staff
Job Site & Work Environment
• Both indoors and outdoors
• Meetings will be held indoors
• Activities and events will be outside (dress for the weather)
• Varying temperatures and conditions (rain/heat/cold)
• Any supplies, materials and resources will be supplied when needed.
• Suitable clothing for the weather and conditions and activity is the responsibility of the volunteer
Benefits of Volunteering
• Enjoy the healthy benefits of being outdoors!
• Develop teamwork and leadership skills
• Gain experience program planning and running events
• Meet new people
• Acquire a volunteer work experience reference upon request
We offer a flexible timetable, which includes weekdays, evenings and weekends which make it easy to volunteer with Park Spark. A 6 month volunteer commitment is required with the busiest months being April-August.
In order to be on the Park Spark Youth Committee and assist with events you must first become a registered City Volunteer (includes City orientation, reference check and Police Information Check)
Direct Supervisor: Parks Partner Program Leader
Contact Person: Mohammad Asadian
Park Spark Program Leader
Tel: (604) 927-6329
- Age Category Must be at least 13 or older