Gardening - Gardener
Gardening – Gardener
Position Title: Gardener
Section/Unit: Chester Hill Neighbourhood Centre
Direct Supervision: Team Leader (on site)
Overall Supervision: TBA
The Volunteer Gardener Position is to support the work and maintain the gardens of Chester Hill Neighbourhood Centre by assisting with the upkeep of the property at 89-91 Waldron Rd.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Together with other Garden Care staff and volunteers undertake a range of tasks to help convert gardens into low maintenance. These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Pruning/cutting back shrubs
- Keeping the yard tidy- with items for recycling/collection stored safely and kept neat and tidy
- Prepare the weekly garbage bins for collection
- Other duties as required by the Manager and Management Committee
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- An interest in gardening
- Police Check
- Working with Children check (WWC)
- Steel Capped boots, gloves, and hat (paid by CHNC)
- Commitment to participate in training, development and support meetings.
We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Start Date: This is an ongoing, open position.