The volunteer dive team assists in daily cleaning, maintenance and vacuuming of our aquarium systems.
See requirements below;
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must possess a current Open Water Dive certification or higher from an internationally recognized certifying agency (we will need to make copies of original for our files)
- Must have 20 or more logged dives.
- Must have current First Aid, CPR/AED, and Oxygen Provider certifications.
- Must be able to pass the swim
- Must be able to pass a dive physical
- Must be able to pass a background and drug screening.
- Must be able to pass a dive orientation
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and exit exhibits (with no ladder) unassisted in scuba gear.
Below are the steps (in order) which must be taken to become a volunteer diver;
- Pass swim evaluation (see below)
- Interview with DSO
- Reference check
- Pass dive physical (volunteers expense)
- Offer letter
- Pass drug screen
- Pass background
- Pass dive Orientation
The Swim Evaluation…You will be able to:
· Swim 25 yards underwater on a single breath
· Swim 400 yards continuously in 12 minutes or less
· Tow another swimmer 25 yards, no time limit
· Tread water for 10 minutes with the last 3 minutes hands out of the water