Events Ambassador - CREST Award (13-19 year olds only)
CREST awards aim to encourage primary and secondary school students to undertake projects in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) related areas. Students' achievements can be recognised with awards at bronze, silver and gold levels.
CREST gives young people aged 5–19 the chance to choose their own subject and methodology when completing their hands-on investigation.
We are looking for friendly and creative volunteers to help us run various events throughout the year. These events are wide ranging and can include helping with our regular activities, such as storytimes and craft activities, or assisting special one off events, such a performance from the London Mozart Orchestra.
Look out for opportunities as they occur at various times of the year.
As an Events Ambassador you can:
- Gain experience in communicating with people from diverse backgrounds
- Access possible training opportunities
- Gain experience in running events
- Receive references for your CV and UCAS form
- Be rewarded for your contribution to Croydon Libraries with annual celebrations and certificates
Based on the hours you accumulate you will receive certificates which can be used as evidence to acknowledge all your hard work.
- 15 hours = Bronze Certificate
- 30 hours = Silver Certificate
- 50 hours = Gold Certificate
- 100 hours = Star Certificate