The SEED - Good Food Delivery Assistant
Date/Time: Mondays 8 am – 2 pm and/or Tuesdays 8 am – 1 pm
- Be punctual and reliable
- Perform solo (or ride along) routes in The SEED’s delivery vehicles
- Assist with loading various delivery vehicles (heavy lifting)
- Assist with unloading deliveries to community partners (heavy lifting)
- Interact with community members and customers in a friendly manner
- Valid G class license
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs consistently
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Commitment to equity and anti-oppressive practices
- Punctual and reliable
- Show initiative and enthusiasm
ABOUT THE SEED:
The SEED is a not-for-profit food project of the Guelph Community Health Centre.
- The SEED delivers community programs and operates social enterprises that address the causes and effects of food insecurity.
- We are working towards a community with no barriers to healthy food.
ABOUT GOOD FOOD DISTRIBUTION:
Each neighborhood in Guelph is unique, and the organizations that serve these neighborhoods know them the best. We partner with and deliver to the Emergency Food Providers of Guelph to help maximize the good food they can offer and reinforce the good work being done already. We also distribute to schools in Guelph and Wellington County, delivering fresh fruits and vegetables for healthy lunch/snack programs for elementary school children. We offer a high-quality service that decreases the amount of time spent shopping, decreases the cost of fruits and veggies, and increases the amount and quality of food in our community.