Basketball - Basketball Helper
Volunteer- Basketball Helper
Position Title: Basketball Helper Volunteer
Section/Unit: Recreation Sports and Aquatics Club
Supervision: Experienced Basketball Coach
With supervision from an experienced basketball coach, assist in the running of RSAC’s basketball program.
Wednesday’s session is junior basketball (under 18), while Tuesday is mixed ages (mainly young adults).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Both sessions cater for participants with a disability. They are widely varied in their skill level, fitness and coordination. The assistance of volunteers to enable the fullest level of participation is essential.
Sessions include a range of drills, skill development and friendly games.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- A Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Ability to relate well to clients and other staff and volunteers
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor
- An interest in working with people with a disability
- Understanding of the basics of basketball
- Experience coaching basketball
- Experience working with people with a disability
Start Date: This is an ongoing, open position.