Swimming - Swim Helper
Volunteer- Swim Helpers
Position Title: Swimming Helper Volunteer
Section/Unit: Recreation Sports and Aquatics Club
Supervision: Experienced Swimming Coach
Provide assistance to children and adults with a disability (and sometimes their siblings) to learn and improve their swimming skills. Participants range from beginners to competent swimmers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Volunteers are needed to help children and adults with a disability in the water and help them learn basic water safety and, as they progress improve their swim technique.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- A Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Ability to relate well to clients and other staff and volunteers
- Ability to follow directions from supervisor
- Water confidence
- An interest in working with people with a disability
- Experience in swim instruction
- Experience working with people with a disability
Start Date: This is an ongoing, open position.