Volunteer in Our Summer Program & Support Our Scholars!
EHTP seeks passionate volunteers to work with elementary and middle school students during our summer program! Our summer program runs Monday through Friday, and volunteers play a huge role in making the summer successful.
Volunteers can choose between the morning or afternoon shifts or do full days. In the mornings, volunteers support our teachers and scholars during academic instruction. Including:
- Providing logistical and operational support to their assigned classroom
- Supporting students during academic lessons in one-on-one and small group settings
In the afternoons, volunteers support during field trips, outdoor activities, and enrichment clubs. Including:
- Providing logistical and operational support during club time (i.e. music, dance, art etc.)
- Engaging with students in club and outdoor activities such as soccer and field time
- Attending field trips with students
Volunteers must commit to a minimum of 5 shifts a week (5 morning or 5 afternoon shifts) or 3 full days for the full 4 weeks of program.
When: July 6 - July 31, 2020; Monday - Friday
Times: 7:45am - 12:15pm (Morning) and/or 12:00pm - 4:00pm (Afternoon)
If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteers & Interns Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old
- Summer Program is a highly active environment and volunteers must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs, carry heavy boxes, stand for a minimum of 4 hours a day, feel comfortable supervising children in outdoor and indoor settings in the heat, and participate in physical activities such as running and sports
- Acceptance is contingent on clearance of a Criminal Background and Medical Check (forms provided during application process)