Programmatic - Evening Book Club Coordinator
Are you an avid reader looking for a rewarding way to virtually connect with your community? The Vineland Library is looking for enthusiastic readers interested in leading regular in-person book discussions to engage the community through a shared love of books.
How You Will Make a Difference
Book Club Coordinators play a pivotal role in bringing together our community through reading and engaging with each other in a safe and welcoming environment.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Understand how to search the SJPL catalog and eBooks for titles that are widely available for people to access from home
- Select appropriate book titles for people to read together
- Lead and facilitate book conversations with and between new people
- Listen attentively and involve everyone in the discussion
- Have basic skills for coordinating meetings with SJPL staff support
- Encourages lifelong learning to community readers
- Connect with your community and provide a social connection
- Gain experience with program management skills
- Develop communication skills
Willingness to volunteer at least once a month for a 6-month duration. Program will be held on a Wednesday (TBD) from 6-6:45 pm.
Prospective volunteers should:
- Be comfortable in leading in-person meetings and engaging with new people
- Be dependable, punctual, and responsible
- Complete a fingerprint background check, at no cost to you. Only required if you are 18 years or older
- Age Must be at least 18+
- Oral and written communication skills in English Must be at least Medium