TheraPaws * you must have a suitable dog for this role
Responsible to: TheraPaws Programme Coordinator (TPC)
Through ‘TheraPaws’ (an initiative of Mayhew) we visit elderly care homes, hospitals palliative care units and mental health facilities across London. Volunteers take their own dogs to stimulate and interact with the residents and service users, many of whom are living with conditions such as Dementia, Alzheimer’s and depression. The visits are done at an agreed regular period and usually last between 60 – 90 minutes depending on the energy of the dog.
- To deliver TheraPaws visits to vulnerable people in our community to highlight the power of the human/animal bond.
- To engage with the people you meet in the venues using your own dog.
- Be reflective of your observations whilst on the TheraPaws visits in terms of changes in behaviour of the residents.
- Promote good animal welfare at all times.
- Exercise good time keeping in line with guidelines of the TPC.
- Cooperate with the centre staff when conducting the TheraPaws visit.
- Must be willing to undergo a DBS check.
- Provide feedback to the TPC after each visit
We welcome & encourage applications from people of all ages (18+) & backgrounds.
If you have any concerns about the points mentioned above then please feel free to contact the TheraPaws Programme Coordinator, Niamh Carwood at 020 8962 8004 or email
If you are interested in applying for this role, please click here for the application form - http://bttr.im/jf747