Social Services - Food Shelf and Distribution Assistant
The Eastside Food Shelf serves families and individuals in East St. Paul and the surrounding area, and seeks to supplement the nutritional needs of individuals in need of all ages. Food Shelf shifts are available Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8:45-1:00 pm and 12:45-3:45 pm and Distribution is Friday from 9:00-1:00 and 1:00-5:00 pm.
In order to maintain social distancing, volunteers will be packing boxes with food and staff will hand them to participating clients. These are temporary program changes to help slow the spread of COVID-19. We ask that volunteers are 12 years and older.
- Putting together food packages for families using a variety of food from our food shelves.
- Following guidelines for making food packages, using discretion in choosing items to make a well-balanced food package.
- Sort food when donations come in
- Move food delivery from the landing area to the pantry.
- Clean and break down cardboard boxes
- Indoor and outdoor roles are available
- Background Check
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Thursday, January 26, 2023||8:45 AM||11:45 AM|
|Thursday, January 26, 2023||12:45 PM||3:45 PM|
|Friday, January 27, 2023||9:30 AM||12:30 PM|
|Tuesday, January 31, 2023||8:45 AM||11:45 AM|
|Tuesday, January 31, 2023||12:45 PM||3:45 PM|