Shopping Pick up/Delivery
As many within our community will be shielding during this difficult time, we require volunteers who are able to purchase and deliver essential goods on an ad-hoc basis.
How it Works:
- Our community case workers will receive a shopping request and pass it on to the Project Co-ordinator
- Project co-ordinator will advertise the request via our volunteer WhatsApp Group.
- If you're available at the time of the request, we will contact you with a shopping list and delivery details.
- You purchase the items from a supermarket of your choice, making sure to take a photo of your receipt.
- Once purchased, you deliver the items to the person who requires them.
- We reimburse you for the items you purchased.
Key Skills and Abilities
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Patience and sensitivity
• Non-judgemental; treating everyone with respect and dignity
• Understanding of confidentiality
• Good knowledge of the Liverpool City Region
With this opportunity you do not need to be available at any specific time as requests often come through sporadically. If you're not available at the time of the request then there's no need to worry and there's no minimum time requirement to fulfil this role.
Our Commitment To You
• You will receive induction and ongoing training as part of your role.
• We will provide regular follow ups and support.
• We will keep you informed on the positive impact of your work and the difference it is making to our clients and our charity.
• We will happily provide you with references for further employment if necessary.
• We will also allow you the opportunity to have your say and to put your ideas across to support the CARA Programme.
• Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses.
You will need to have access to your own car with a full clean drivers licence. You car insurance should also cover for you for your voluntary duties.
This role involves working with vulnerable groups and you will therefore be asked to complete a DBS Disclosure. A criminal conviction will not necessarily prevent you from volunteering with CARA. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact: Andy Kelly, CARA Project Co-ordinator at: Andy.Kelly@iccm.org.uk