Development Department - Administrative Assistant for Fundraising
Are you interested in learning about Fundraising while supporting The Salvation Army's great ministries to the community?
The Fundraising Administrative Assistant will help the individual giving team of The Salvation Army Chicago's Metropolitan Division to succeed in their fundraising goals. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist with mailings
- Check phone messages
- Complete Mail Merges in Word and maintain spreadsheets in Excel with expertise
- Format envelope/stationary for print (Office copier)
- Use of Office 365 suite (Outlook, Teams, OneNote)
- Excel: Bulk task spreadsheet of mail merge (Formatted to upload into Content Relationship Management (CRM) Software
- Potential CRM Task entry
- Other duties assigned
The Fundraising Administrative Assistant opportunity requires a 6-month commitment and offers a flexible schedule, that can mostly be completed remotely. We need someone to commit to 7-10 hours a week, and to spend at least one shift each week in the office for those 6 months.
- Use of your own personal laptop computer
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to take initiative (a go-getter)
- Detail-oriented, intuitive, and excellent follow-through
- Good penmanship in writing notes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all electronic and hard copy documents
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and passion for the mission of The Salvation Army
- Availability to work 7-10 flexible hours per week and make a 6-month commitment
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering in the office. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button by 10/23/2020.
For additional questions or would like to share your resume, email the Volunteer Resource Department at email@example.com. This position will report to Daniel Alvarez, Administrative Assistant for Development and Shannon McNamara, Administrative Assistant for Corporate Relations & Special Events.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check