Are you interested in learning about Fundraising while supporting The Salvation Army's great ministries to the community?
The Fundraising Administrative Assistant will help the individual giving team of The Salvation Army Chicago's Metropolitan Division to succeed in their fundraising goals. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist with mailings
- Check phone messages
- Complete Mail Merges in Word and maintain spreadsheets in Excel with expertise
- Format envelope/stationary for print (Office copier)
- Use of Office 365 suite (Outlook, Teams, OneNote)
- Excel: Bulk task spreadsheet of mail merge - formatted for upload into Content Relationship Management (CRM) Software
- Potential CRM Task entry
- Other duties assigned
Ideal candidates for Fundraising Administrative Assistant would be available for a 6-month commitment. This role allows for a flexible schedule at the Chicago Metro office, located at 5040 N Pulaski Rd, Chicago, IL 60630. Ideal candidates will be able to commit to 7-10 hours a week for 6-months, and spend at least one shift each week in the office. A schedule will be agreed upon with your supervisors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to take initiative (a go-getter)
- Detail-oriented, intuitive, and excellent follow-through
- Good penmanship in writing notes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all electronic and hard copy documents
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and passion for the mission of The Salvation Army
- Availability to volunteer 7-10 flexible hours per week, ideally for a 6-month commitment
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
"Office Casual" apparel is expected. Pants/Skirts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering in the office. You will also complete a brief on-site health screening survey prior to starting each volunteer shift. Alternately, you may show proof of vaccination with the Volunteer Department to waive the health screening and personal face covering while at your designated site.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button TODAY!
For additional questions or if you would like to share your resume, email the Volunteer Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will report to the Administrative Assistant for Development and Administrative Assistant for Corporate Relations & Special Events.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!