Holiday Opportunities - Angel Tree Help Desk Volunteer
The Angel Tree program is a Salvation Army service that provides Christmas gifts for children who might not otherwise receive one. We identify families in need and mobilize individuals and organizations to purchase gifts from their wish lists, ensuring that everyone has a Merry Christmas.
The Angel Tree Help Desk Volunteer will help connect families to sites in their area to apply for the Angel Tree program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Respond to voicemail and email inquiries about the Angel Tree program from families and other service providers interested in signing up for the program
- Provide families with the contact information for The Salvation Army Corps Community Center or Service Extension Site serving their residential area
- Forward donation inquiries to the Angel Tree Donor Line
- Forward non-Angel Tree requests to the appropriate department(s) in The Salvation Army
This opportunity is located at our Divisional Headquarters (5040 N. Pulaski Rd. Chicago, IL 60630). A volunteer is needed for approximately 10 hours per week from November - December 24th. Volunteer hours are flexible and can be completed Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. An agreed upon schedule will be determined prior to the start date.
Interested volunteers should sign-up by Monday, October 19, 2020.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to commit multiple hours at a time to respond to Angel Tree inquiries
- Must be able to demonstrate a friendly, compassionate, and professional demeanor on the phone and in email at all times
- Proficient with office technology
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
- Complete Salvation Army Safe from Harm training
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact LaTonya Okome at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
This activity occurs between Sunday, November 01, 2020 and Thursday, December 24, 2020
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon