Development Office Volunteer
Be a part of expressing gratitude to recent financial donors of The Salvation Army!
The Development Office Volunteer will assist The Salvation Army - Lake County Office with acknowledging gifts and mailing receipts to recent donors. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Update acknowledgement letters as necessary
- Address envelopes to donors
- Match printed letters to appropriate envelopes for mailing
- Ensure accuracy of receipts
A Development Office volunteer can have flexible hours, but is needed for 3 hours a day for 3 days per week. Volunteer hours are available Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- 18 years or older
- Reliable, professional and hard working
- Ability to show kindness and compassion to everyone
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Kevin Feldman, Director of Development at 219.838.1328 or Kevin.Feldman@usc.salvationarmy.org.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older