Provide friendly and caring companionship to residents. This position offers the opportunity to form a close relationship with a senior with dementia or other disabling health issues.
- Suitable for an adult Volunteer.
- Establish rapport with residents.
- Volunteer must be responsible and independent.
- Suggested activities may include reading, games, walking and socializing.
- Listen to and provide support to residents.
- Report activities, resident participation and concerns to the Coordinator of Volunteer Services/ Recreation Therapist.
- Promote a sense of well being and contribute to the morale of the resident.