Spiritual Care - Spiritual Care Visitor
VOLUNTEER – Spiritual Care Visitor
Commitment: 6 months
Time: As required
Length of Program: Ongoing
Supervisor: Spiritual Care Coordinator,
Provide friendly, consistent spiritual support, guidance and companionship to residents. This position offers the opportunity to form a close relationship with a senior or disabled younger adult.
Position Benefits & Requirements
· Establish rapport with residents.
· Suggested activities may include reading, prayer, games, walking, programming
· Listen to and provide support to residents.
· Report activities, resident participation and concerns to the Spiritual Care Coordinator/Chaplain.
· Promote a sense of well being and contribute to the morale of the resident.
Exhibit CapitalCare’s values at all times.
Attend Volunteer Orientation. Specific training will be provided by the Spiritual Care Department. Other training and in-services may be available.
· Have an interest in serving people.
· Accept direction and supervision.
· Be dependable and committed.
· Be friendly and trustworthy.
· Able to communicate effectively with residents and staff.
· Be mature and motivated.
· Be respectful of others’ views and faith.
· Have a clear Police Information Check.
· Complete a TB screening questionnaire.
· Provide 2 references, including a letter from the spiritual community.
Satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in a resident’s life. Parking passes and refreshment vouchers available.
- Volunteer Security Screening Must be at least Completed