Visiting - Heritage House - Friendly Visitor
VOLUNTEER – Visitor
Commitment: 6 months
Time: As required
Length of Program: Ongoing
Supervisor: Recreation Therapy Assistant / Nursing /Coordinator of Volunteer Services
Provide friendly and caring companionship to residents. This position offers the opportunity to form a close relationship with a senior or disabled younger adult.
Position Benefits & Requirements
· Establish rapport with residents.
· Suggested activities may include reading, games, walking and socializing.
· Listen to and provide support to residents.
· Report activities, resident participation and concerns to the Coordinator of Volunteer Services/ Recreation Therapist.
· Promote a sense of well being and contribute to the morale of the resident.
Exhibit CapitalCare’s values at all times.
Attend Volunteer Orientation. Other training and in-services may be available.
· Have an interest in serving people.
· Accept direction and supervision.
· Be dependable and committed.
· Be friendly and trustworthy.
· Able to communicate effectively with residents and staff.
· Be mature and motivated.
· Be respectful of others’ views.
· Have a clear Police Information Check.
· Complete a TB screening questionnaire.
· Provide 2 references, including a letter from the spiritual community.
Satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference in a resident’s life. Parking passes and refreshment vouchers available.
- Volunteer Security Screening Must be at least Completed