The Kitchen Team keeps all volunteers fed and fuelled! Working under the direction of our wonderful Food Program Coordinator Teresa, this team will prepare, serve, and deliver quick healthy meals and snacks for the 400 volunteers we see on site each day. Cooks and Servers are responsible for making and serving lunch and dinner daily. The Mobile Refreshment Team (MRT) is responsible for delivering snacks and beverages to volunteers while they are on shift.
- Prepare light meals and snacks for our army of hungry volunteers
- Serve meals to volunteers during meal times (salads, main course, dessert/fruit)
- Assist with preparation of serving area before and after meal times
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed at all times
- Ensure the volunteer patio and food preparation area is kept clean and organized
- Prepare coffee and beverages for early-morning volunteers
- Prepare and distribute snacks and hot/cold beverages to volunteers on shift
- Assist staff with product & inventory management
- Must be 16+ years of age
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable handling and preparing food and beverages
- Knowledge of safe food handling practices
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and work in a warm environment
- Ability to move easily get around the Festival site (MRT shifts)
- Comfortable with some heavy lifting (MRT shifts)
- Kitchen experience and/or formal food handling training is an asset
Hours for this team generally run from 9:00am to 10:30pm.
Do you have questions about the duties or requirements for this team? Contact us! The Volunteer Department wants to ensure you have a fun and rewarding volunteer experience. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 780-409-1922. We can discuss your needs, skills, favourite activities, and any possible modifications in order to find the perfect team for you!