General Maintenance - Facility and Grounds Assistant
Are you looking for an opportunity to help with maintaining the cleanliness of The Salvation Army? Help us create a clean, safe, and attractive environment for everyone who enters our doors.
The Facilities and Grounds Assistant will help keep our location clean, safe, and attractive so we can continue to provide services to our community. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning floors (sweeping or vacuuming)
- Emptying trash
- Setting up for events
- Keeping the outdoor environment clean and welcoming
- Completing general building maintenance as needed (landscaping, minor repairs, painting, etc)
- Identify on-site projects that might interest a large group of volunteers
Facilities and Grounds Assistant volunteers are welcome to create their own schedule during the week Monday - Friday between 9:30am to 3:00pm.
- 18 years or older
- Must be able to comfortably lift 20 pounds
- Reliable, professional, and hard working
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Captain Gabriela Rangel at email@example.com or 630-589-4001.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 20 lbs.
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older