ii. St. Joseph's Continuing Care Centre - Eucharistic Ministry/Communion, Tuesdays
Service Name: Eucharistic Ministry/Communion, Tuesdays (Roman Catholic)
Location: St. Joseph's Continuing Care Centre
When: Volunteers will minister as Eucharistic Ministers to provide communion to the patients at St. Joseph's Continuing Care Centre on Tuesdays.
Volunteers must be a recognized and trained Eucharistic Minister, and be active in their parish. A letter must be provided by the parish priest to confirm volunteer is a trained Eucharistic Minister.
- A list of patient's names who wish to receive communion will be available when you come in weekly. You can make any notes for information you believe the Chaplain/Spiritual Health Practitioner may need to minister to this patient. This patient list is available through the Chaplain/SHP.
- Consecrated hosts are available in the tabernacle at St. Joseph's Villa. Ensure that communion is distributed as soon as it is removed from the tablernacle and returned as soon as the last person received communion.
- If you are unable to come in for your shift, please inform us at least 24 hours in advance, so that we can have time to find a replacement.
- The volunteer will check off from the list the patients who received communion, and this list will be given to the Chaplain/SHP or placed under the department office door.
- This program is directed by our Chaplain/SHP.