ii. St. Joseph's Continuing Care Centre - SBR Site - Eucharistic Ministry/Communion
Service Name: Eucharistic Ministry/Communion
Location: St. Joseph's Continuing Care Centre
When: Volunteers will minister as Eucharistic Ministers to provide communion to the patients at St. Joseph's Continuing Care Centre.
Volunteers must be a recognized and trained Eucharistic Minister, and be active in their parish. A letter must be provided by the parish priest to confirm volunteer is a trained Eucharistic Minister.
- A list of patient's names who wish to receive communion will be available when you come in weekly. You can make any notes for information you believe the Chaplain/Spiritual Health Practitioner may need to minister to this patient. This patient list is available through the Chaplain/SHP.
- Consecrated hosts are available through the Chaplain/SHP. Ensure that communion is distributed as soon as it is received and returned as soon as the last person received communion.
- If you are unable to come in for your shift, please inform us at least 24 hours in advance, so that we can have time to find a replacement.
- The volunteer will check off from the list the patients who received communion, and this list will be given to the Chaplain/SHP or placed under the department office door.
- This program is directed by our Chaplain/SHP.