i. St. Joseph's Villa - Eucharistic Ministry/Communion
Service Name: Eucharistic Ministry/Communion
Location: Site Chapel - Eucharistic ministry volunteers will provide communion to residents in their home areas.
Volunteers must be a recognized and trained Eucharistic Minister, and be active in their parish. A letter from their parish priest will be required indicating that the volunteer is a trained Eucharistic Minister.
- A list of residents names who are to receive communion will be available when you come in weekly. This resident list is available in the Sacristy (room at the back of the Chapel).
- Consecrated hosts are located in the tabernacle in the Chapel.
- If you are unable to come in for your shift, please inform us at least 24 hours in advance, so that we can have time to find a replacement.
- The volunteer will check off from the list the residents who received communion, and this list will be placed in the mailbox in front of the Chaplain office door once the communion list is completed
- Any information which the volunteer believes the chaplain needs to know can be written on this list.
- This program is directed by our Chaplain.
This activity generally occurs on
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon