i. St. Joseph's Villa - Liturgy of the Word, Thursdays
Service Name: Liturgy of the Word, Thursdays (Roman Catholic)
Location: Site Chapel
When: Thursdays - 10:30 am to 11:55pm
Volunteer Role: There are several positions involved with this service:
- assist in set-up, portering residents to and from the chapel, clean up
- leader of song
- worship leader
- A list of residents names who attend the service will be available at the start of your assignment when you come in weekly. This list is located in the Sacristy (back of the Chapel) or through the Spiritual Health Practitioner/Chaplain.
- Each volunteer is designated to one neighbourhood to porter residents to and from the Chapel. If short, volunteers may be asked to porter from more than one neighbourhood.
- If you are unable to come in for your shift, please inform us at least 24 hours in advance, so that we can have time to find a replacement.
- The volunteer must be here at least 30 mins before the service begins to help with set up and portering residents to the service.
- The volunteer will check off from the list the residents who attended the Liturgy and this list will be given to the SHP/Chaplain or placed in the mailbox located in front of the SHP/Chaplain office door.
- This program is directed by our SHP/Chaplain.