Communications - Content/ Data / Web
The Communications and Marketing team at WAAC is responsible for all internal and external promotion, including but not limited to: social media, websites, written articles and media releases, newsletters, advertising, design, videography and photography. Volunteers who are interested in and / or have experience with any of the above are welcomed.
- Interest or studying Communications and Marketing.
- Has weekday availability during business hours, and/or early evening Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Has an open-mind, non-judgemental attitude and enthusiasm,
Volunteers who work in the Communications department will gain a number of skills, such as:
- Using website, video context, social media and Prezi.
- Experience with digital projects and presentations.
- Fortnightly to weekly shifts in order to maintain competency.
- Project based – 2 to 8 weeks
- Shifts are negotiable and generally half-day (3-4 hrs) once or twice a fortnight, but can be more or less based on the volunteer’s availability.
- Volunteer from home may be negotiable/optional.
- Volunteer Information Session
- Screening / Interview
- HIV 101 workbook
- One day Introductory workshop
- Ongoing training as required.