Office Support - Research/Admin/Project Work
Office Support Volunteers assist with a range of project and administrative tasks increasing the efficiency of operations / systems and supporting staff in their day to day roles. There is the opportunity to take on leadership roles within the volunteer program and assist directly within projects and programs for the OD Team.
Detailed Position Description
- Good organisational skills and communication skills.
- Reliable, responsive and committed.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite preferred (not essential).
- Able to take direction and use initiative.
- Creative and innovative thinking/ideas.
- Ongoing roles of half or full day with weekly or fortnightly availability.
- One off roles and/or intensive short term roles may be available – project dependant.
- All shifts take place during normal business hours.
- Screening / Interview
- Successful completion of Introductory Training
Volunteers who work with Office Support will gain a number of skills, such as:
- Develop general administrative support skills.
- Learn about different projects/project management.
- Gain experience in an office environment.
- Learn about a range of WAAC services.
- Volunteers can also train to act as a backup for a range of services including reception, needle exchange and public speaking in schools.