Sources Volunteer Services - Information & Referral Assistant
Sources Volunteer Services Information & Referral (I&R) is a position based out of the Volunteer Services office where several community programs operate. As an Information & Referral Assistant, you will be the main person of contact for people accessing the services overseen by Volunteer Services, as well as welcoming guests to our program by providing information and referral in person, over the phone or by email. The programs coordinated by Volunteer Services include:
Volunteer Wheels – Arranging transportation for seniors to access healthcare.
Dental Clinic - Register and refer clients for the free dental clinic.
Shop by Phone – Assist seniors receive groceries deliveries directly to their home.
Income Tax Clinic – Assist clients complete the income tax intake to receive benefits.
Seniors Hub – Assist older adults in completing forms and access/set up online services.
To be successful in this position, volunteers must:
- Possess proficient telephone skills with a calm and reassuring manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be flexible, detail oriented with strong organizational skills and possess an ability to take initiative, accept direction and work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Have the ability to build rapport with a variety of individuals while maintaining a professional demeanor and firm professional boundaries.
- Have the ability to work well with diverse client populations.
- Have the ability to relate to individuals across all socioeconomic and cultural groups.
- Have the ability to exercise good judgement in a demanding and continually changing work environment.
- Have knowledge of local community resources and support services.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Google Calendar, and Outlook is necessary.
- Have a willingness to secure a Criminal Records Check. All positions have been designated by Sources Community Resource Society as requiring a Criminal Records Review prior to an applicant being employed in this capacity. Certain police records may preclude the appointment to certain positions.
Positions at the Volunteer Services office require a minimum 6 month commitment, with one shift per week. The following shift is currently available:
- Mondays 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Tuesdays 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Wednesdays 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Benefits to this position:
This position offers the opportunity to assist residents of the community facing barriers to access vital programs and services that can dramatically affect their well-being. It is a valuable opportunity to support clients with resources that may otherwise not be available to them. Volunteers in this office provide information and referral support in a way that can have immediate, and long lasting positive impacts for clients.
- Are you over the age of 18? Must be Yes
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Morning
- Tuesday Afternoon
- Wednesday Morning