Sources Volunteer Services - Shop by Phone Grocery Delivery Driver
Sources' Shop by Phone Program is a program designed to provide support to individuals in South Surrey/White Rock who are unable to shop for groceries due to transportation barriers or disabilities. Our volunteers take orders over the phone and shop for groceries once a week. Groceries are then delivered by a team of volunteer delivery drivers every Tuesday morning.
To be successful in this position, you must:
- Be 18+ years of age.
- Be an experienced driver with a valid Class 5 Driver’s license and clean driver’s record. Ability to be mindful of parking restrictions.
- Have the ability to lift a minimum 20 lbs.
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledgeable of community and surrounding areas an asset.
- Be flexible, detail oriented and possesses an ability to take initiative, accept direction and work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Have the ability to work well with diverse client populations. Ability to relate to individuals across all socioeconomic and cultural groups.
- Be courteous and respectful of clients and their property.
- Have the ability to build rapport with a variety of individuals while maintaining a professional demeanour and firm professional boundaries.
- Willingness to secure a Criminal Records Check. All positions have been designated by Sources Community Resource Society as requiring a Criminal Records Review prior to an applicant being employed in this capacity. Certain police records may preclude the appointment to certain positions.
This opportunity requires a minimum 6 month commitment of its volunteers and operates currently every Tuesday for 1-2 hours in the mornings starting approximately around 8:30 am.
Benefits to this position:
This position offers individuals a valuable opportunity to assist our older community in accessing healthier food choices and maintain independence to live longer at home. Drivers interact directly with clients and provide positive support. This is a critically valuable service for our clients as many face isolation and are without other assistance or means of accessing other grocery/personal care options. This position comes with the ability to make daily impacts in the lives of vulnerable members of our community who need it most.
- Are you over the age of 18? Must be Yes
- Do you have a Class 5 Driver's License? Must be at least Yes
- How much can you comfortable lift and carry? Must be 20 lbs and more
- Submitted Copy of Car Insurance Must be Yes
- Submitted copy of Driver's License Must be Yes
This activity generally occurs on
- Tuesday Morning
- Wednesday Morning