Social Services - Clothing Closet Assistant
The Salvation Army's Clothing Closet Program is a very significant part of our Social Service Program. It is a thriving program where we work alongside individuals, churches, schools and corporations to provide clothing to families in the community. The
Clothing Closet Program preparations and distribution typically runs Monday - Friday, (9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
As a part of the Clothing CLoset Program, we need persons available to arrange and set up Clothing Closet in an organized and neat manner. As a Clothing Closet Assistant, you will volunteer to assist in that process, making the following qualifications a vital part of the job:
- Excellent interpersonal skills- especially with vulnerable populations
- Culture awareness and sensivity
- Ability and comfortability working with various types of people
- Cheerful attitude in the face of difficult life situations
- Bilingual preferred, but not required
If you'd like to learn more about how to assist with our Clothing Closet Program, or information on the Clothing Closet position, please contact Elizabeth Ayala (Social Service Case Mananger) at Elizabeth_Ayala@usc.salvationarmy.org.
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 20 lbs.
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 21 or older