Training - NHS Green Social Prescribing Introduction
Mondays 20th & 27th September, 11th and 18th October, 11.30am - 3pm.
We're working with Nature Ranger at Southmead Hospital, Phoebe Webster, to provide Park Groups with an Introduction to Nature Recovery and Green Social Prescribing.
By working with Phoebe at the NHS Southmead site over four weeks, you will get involved in practical group activities (everything from wildflower seeding to habitat surveys) and find out how your existing work in Parks can support people with diverse needs.
The course will include:
- Gardening for wellbeing - how to include mindfulness into your regular activities
- An introduction to growing in an accessible space - thinking about all abilities
- Running a session with people with mental health, neurodiversity or physical needs
- Adapting your session and working with other organisations
- Tree planting with a focus on mindfulness
- Building new spaces for nature - connecting with the environment
This is opportunity is provided free, through a partnership between Bristol Parks and NHS Southmead (funded by the Centre for Sustainable Health), as a pilot to empower communities to use their local green spaces for mental health and wellbeing.
We do not expect you to become experts in the field through this introduction, but hope it gives you the confidence to start working with other organisations (or individuals) who may be able to support your Park through Green Social Prescribing.
In addition to this course, we can also provide Bristol City Council's Safeguarding Training to all volunteers who register.
If you cannot attend all four sessions but are still interested, please let us know.
For further information about the opportunity, please contact Phoebe at: Phoebe.Webster@nbt.nhs.uk
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon