Summer Reading - Summer Reading Program 2017
Oakville Public Library is looking for high school students 14+ to volunteer for 2017’s TD Summer Reading Program. Students will promote children’s literacy throughout the summer and be positive reading role models. Students will be contacted for interviews and orientation by mid-June.
Main responsibilities include:
- Explaining how the TD Summer Reading Program works and how to earn great prizes
- Registering children for the TD Summer Reading Program electronically with the participant’s library card
- Providing participants with the registration package and setting reading goals
- Using the online administrative application, log that materials were provided
- Demonstrating to customers how to log their reading progress online
- Playing a reading comprehension game with participants
- Promoting programs, events and contests
- For drop-in programs, running an activity
- Preparing program and craft supplies.
Benefits of Volunteering:
• Great experience to put on a resume
• Accumulate volunteer hours towards high school credit
• Volunteers must be 14 to 19 years of age
• Currently enrolled in high school
**Please note: Interviews for this position will be held in early- to mid-June, 2017.
- Age Range (youth) Must be 14-19 years old
- Currently Enrolled in High School? Must be Yes