Volunteer Retail Assistant
VOLUNTEER RETAIL ASSISTANT
Volunteer Retail Assistants are a vital part of the team working to ensure the continuing success of MK Gallery, ensuring we deliver the best quality of visitor experience to all. Retail Assistant Volunteers work from the Reception desk helping customers. They are motivated people who provide an exceptional experience and standard of engagement to every visitor, encouraging active engagement in the MK Gallery programme. As a Retail Assistant Volunteer, you will be warm and friendly, highly engaged in the arts and the work of MK Gallery and keen to share your knowledge and interest with our visitors. You may have retail experience or keen to develop retail skills. You will play an important part in shaping the visitor experience we provide whilst keeping our visitors a top priority. This is a regular role, we are looking for a minimum 4 hours commitment a week.
- Provide a warm welcome to all visitors and provide excellent customer service.
- Support the Retail Coordinators by working on the till processing sales, prepare stock, including sorting and pricing, replenish stock on the shop floor, stock take and other administrative tasks.
- To invigilate in the exhibitions when required.
- To be a Fire Warden to help with evacuation of the building.
- If of interest it is also possible to work with the Exhibitions team to deliver exhibition tours, spotlight stories and introductory talks.
- This role will include lifting and carrying.
- You will need to complete our internal application form, to comply with our volunteer policies, terms and conditions. You will be interviewed to see if this is a suitable role for you. You will receive training and support from our Front of House team.
WHY GET INVOLVED?
- Become a valued member of a team of volunteers and professionals who are passionate about delivering a world-class arts programme in the heart of Milton Keynes.
- Meet new people every day.
- Enhance your CV and boost your job prospects; develop new retail, IT and admin skills, or build upon existing customer service and communication skills.
- Gain experience volunteering in a gallery environment and learn about how we run our exhibitions and events.
- Be invited to private exhibition tours with artists and curators prior to opening new exhibitions.
- Enjoy a 50% discount off of food and beverages at the MK Gallery Café Bar.