One to One
Offer newly arrived Melbourne AMEP learners the opportunity to practise English conversation and participate in the community.
COVID restrictions allowing, we encourage all volunteers in the VTS to consider a blended form of interaction that is both face to face and online.
All VTS activity will be determined by the most current DHHS guidelines.
- Tutor a learner in English language and settlement
- Connect with your learner at a pre-arranged time each week
- Participate in ongoing VTS professional development workshops and social gatherings as needed (currently conducted online)
- Contact VTS staff if you are concerned about either your own, or a learner’s welfare
- Respect the rights and privacy of your learner
- Inform VTS Office if your availability changes
- Give two weeks’ notice before withdrawing from the program
- Complete an Exit Survey
1 hour per week for 6 months, after completion of VTS training
- Over 18 years of age
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check (paid for by VTS)
- VTS training
Click Here to view the full Role Description
Watch what it is like to support a learner by One to One tutoring
One to one Tutoring