The Pet Pantry - Stratford
Position: Pet Pantry Volunteer
Reports to: Community Outreach Coordinator. In-directly to Volunteer Manager
Location: 125 Griffith Rd. Stratford
This position is to assist in the successful running of the Pet Pantry at our Stratford Centre location.
- Volunteers will prepare pet food orders for pick ups by community members.
- Keep track of inventory of food bank donations
- Perform daily sanitizing tasks of food donations and workstations including donation bins that are stored outside of the respective buildings
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and prepare orders for pickups
- Ability to lift and move large bags of pet food and/or litter up to 60lbs at one time
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Minimum 18 years of age or older
In addition to the duties listed above, the Centre expects the following of each volunteer:
- Adhere to KWSPHS volunteer policies and procedures; works in a safe manner;
- Performs duties as needed and maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about concerns
- Consistently reports for the volunteer role on time and prepared to perform duties of the position
- This role is completed in a storage container located outside.
- The role is completed in all weather conditions
Fridays - 3.5 hours (flexible)
Volunteers will receive onsite training by Program Coordinator or designate including proper health and safety protocols.
Play an important role in the health and wellness of all animals in need in our community by helping members of your community access the supports they need for their pets.