Student Foster Program
Are you a high school student in Stratford Perth or the Kitchener Waterloo area (including surrounding townships of Woolwich, Wellesley and Wilmot) looking for ways to complete your community service hours? Would you like to play an important role in the lives of cats and small animals in your community. Would you like to help them by providing a safe space for them to stay until they are ready to find their forever home?
If you love cats and small animals and would like to support them on their journey to finding their forever homes, then check out our Stratford Perth Student Foster Program! As one of our student foster caregivers and under the supervision of a parent or guardian, you can earn your community involvement hours by being a foster caregiver to one of our cats or small animals.
- must be at least 14 years of age or older
- must reside in the Stratford Perth or Kitchener Waterloo area
- If you currently have pet(s) you must provide proof of spay/neuter, current vaccines and if you have dog(s) or cat(s) you must have current license tag(s).
- this is to ensure your animal at home is safe and do not get sick when the new foster comes into the home
- must have consent of parent/guardian to participate in the program and have a foster animal in the home.
- must have a separate area for fosters
- A separate room or dedicated space allows your foster to slowly explore their new environment while having a safe space to go to.
- must have the time to care for the animals
- must have access to a car ride for vet appointments/ medical emergencies
- Vet appointments will be completed at the Stratford Perth location. Medical Emergencies are supported at the Emergency Clinic in Kitchener
- must also have a working email address
- must provide 2 letters of reference at the time of their interview