Become a Walk Organiser
Heart Foundation Walking is Australia’s largest FREE walking network. It is a social, fun and easy way for people to walk and be active.
We always welcome new volunteer Walk Organisers to this hugely popular program so if you are passionate about improving the health of your community, this could be a great way to do it.
Walk Organisers come from all walks of life (no pun intended!) and across Australia. The role is flexible as they can decide where, how frequently and how long they walk for.
Some of the roles and responsibilities of a Walk Organiser are to:
- Complete basic online induction (approx. 40 minutes)
- Plan the walking routes
- Promote their walk with the assistance of their Local Coordinator and the Heart Foundation
- Enter monthly attendance logs on the online system
- Attend walks and welcome new walkers
What support do Walk Organisers get?
- Recognition as a Heart Foundation volunteer
- Online training
- Free merchandise
- Walker Recognition Scheme which rewards and acknowledges walking milestones
- Insurance cover
- Free resources to promote the group
Help get your community active click here to register today!