COMMUNICARE HAS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED VOLUNTEER OPERATIONS.
CommuniCare is responding to the outbreak of COVID-19 prioritizing the health and safety of our patients, clients, employees, students, and volunteers. In order to reduce transmission of the virus and enforce social distancing, we have suspended volunteer operations until further notice.
We are continuing to accept new volunteer applications to review once we resume volunteer activities. We are working on identifying any COVID-related volunteer opportunities we may have either remotely or in our clinics. If these opportunities become available, they will be posted in open positions.
Some things that CommuniCare is doing to respond to COVID-19
- Staff are screening all patients outside clinic entrances before they enter the building
- Outdoor exam spaces are available at all three sites
- All dental procedures have been suspended until further notice except for emergencies
- Several providers are conducting telephone visits with patients who did not need to be seen in person in order to decrease risks of exposure to everyone
- We are initially prioritizing scheduled patients aged 65 or older and those with other chronic medical problems
- We are scheduling other patients by telephone as we are able
Founded as an all-volunteer run free clinic in 1972, CommuniCare Health Centers continues to welcome the contributions of volunteers and students at every level of care.
CommuniCare is proud to offer opportunities for Volunteers and Students to complement the delivery of high-quality services, to help engage the community in its mission, and to serve as a teaching and learning environment for future leaders and providers in healthcare.