Volunteer Opportunities - Driver - Community Food Donations
Position Summary: This position is responsible for daily pick-ups of donated goods from area businesses, loads and unloads goods for the Corps/Command/Service Extension Unit/Location. The majority of the work done in the position will be of the physical labor type. The position is expected to comply with and meet The Salvation Army, Federal, State, and Local policies and standards.
Essential Duties (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.):
- Drive designated vehicle to transport up to15 people, donated goods (perishable and non-perishable); includes loading/unloading, daily.
- Document transfer (pick up and drop off) of donated goods, daily.
- Conduct daily pre-trip inspections of the vehicle, monitoring, and scheduling routine maintenance, cleaning interior and alerting the Corps Officer of needed repairs or safety concerns.
- Operate the vehicle in a safe manner and in compliance with The Salvation Army Operation Manual.
- Assist in maintaining clean and orderly work areas; pantry, storage, other designated areas.
- Maintain confidentiality, proper client boundaries and comply with Safe From Harm guidelines.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with customers, donors, co-workers, and supervisors. This includes but is not limited to such actions as a resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and customers; respect of others’ property and person; and professional and appropriate communication to and about customers, donors, co-workers, and supervisors.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent diploma and one-year work experience driving a similar vehicle. Position requires basic communications with customers and other employees. Ability to comply with a written job description, city map, cleaning instructions, and material safety data sheet. Appropriate state drivers’ license is required and must pass TSA MVR check. Must be a team player, a self-starter, and perform well with minimum supervision.
- Background Check
- How much can you lift comfortably? Must be at least 50 lbs
- Which age catergory do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older
The next 10 shifts (out of 2107 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Monday, December 05, 2022||7:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Tuesday, December 06, 2022||7:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Wednesday, December 07, 2022||7:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Thursday, December 08, 2022||7:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Friday, December 09, 2022||7:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Monday, December 12, 2022||7:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Tuesday, December 13, 2022||7:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Wednesday, December 14, 2022||7:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Thursday, December 15, 2022||7:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|Friday, December 16, 2022||7:00 AM||11:00 AM|