PtownLife News Team
PTOWNLIFE NEWS TEAM
Library and Recreation Department
Deadline to Apply: Friday, April 17, 2020
Ptownlife.org is a community website dedicated to youth and families. A new component of the website is a weekly newsletter “The Ptown Life” – a weekly roundup of the news, events, and happenings in Pleasanton.
Along with City Staff, each week the Ptownlife News Team will work collaboratively to create a newsletter that is both interesting and informative to our community. Students will submit content in the form of local news stories and events, video, and photography. Students can also work on youth contests and social media and gain experience in editing, writing content, video production, events, and journalism. Students that apply will contribute through writing articles, editing articles and participating in some city events like Teen Open Mic.
Students must be entering 9th-12th grades in the Fall 2020 to apply.
Interested students must be able to commit to:
- At least a school year team (Aug 2020– May 2021) to ensure consistency.
- 1.5 hours per week during the school working on the newsletter in our office (4333 Black Ave.).
- Office hours highly encouraged but not mandatory during the summer
- 1 mandatory training – FALL of 2020 (date TBD).
- Providing articles during the summer time.
Please be sure you can commit to the above requirements before you apply!
The deadline to apply is Friday, April 17, 2020 at 4 p.m.
- Complete Ptownlife News Team application
- Check email and look out for a follow-up to schedule an interview.
There is limited space for this program and you must be a Pleasanton resident to apply.
All applications will be reviewed and qualified participants will be contacted for interviews by May. Select applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview after review of their application.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Recreation Coordinator, Julian Mireles at (925) 931-3474 or firstname.lastname@example.org