CCP’s team of experienced family support staff provide life-changing support to families in crisis. Volunteers are an integral part of the service:
- Providing one to one support to families facing issues such as poor mental health, family breakdown, financial and housing related problems and isolation
- Delivering parenting skills sessions focusing on helping parents to develop routines and set boundaries etc.
- Befriending and mentoring those who need support
- Organising family orientated activities with individuals or groups of children
- Providing one to one mentoring support to children and young people excluded or at risk of exclusion from school
As part of the family services provisions, advocacy gives vulnerable adults a voice to ensure that their needs and wishes are made known, their views respected and their rights protected.
Family Advocates support vulnerable adults through Child Protection proceedings helping them to understand the decisions, and the importance of their engaging in the activities demanded of them by the court/other agencies, thereby securing more positive and fairer outcomes for both the adult and children involved.
For more information, please view the documents below: