Senior Centre without Walls - Volunteer Program Facilitators - Online Program Facilitators - Seniors without Walls
Volunteer Area – Customer Service - Recreation Department
Position: Program facilitator – Seniors without Walls Programs (online program)
Position Purpose / Goals - To provide weekly programs/activities over the telephone, on Zoom or via Facebook video. To Older Adult Program participants.
Schedule: Once a month or scheduled weekly/monthly
Volunteer will be required using agreed on delivery format to facilitate and deliver prepared program formats(as per experience) once per week or once per month.
Engage participants and make sure all have opportunity to participate, ask questions.
Make sure instructions directions are clear, be lighthearted, welcoming.
Minimum age: 14 plus
- Customer Service Oriented Individual
- Friendly, outgoing, sense of humour
- Understanding of older adult aging challenges
- Posses good communication skills
- Consistent and reliable
- Good at chit chatting and engaging participant into positive conversations
- Some experience teaching on the Zoom platform
- Complete online Volunteer training for AODA and Health and Safety
- Complete Town of Wasaga Beach Volunteer application
- View and verbally/electronically sign off when completed - Town of Wasaga Beach Volunteer Information Power Point Presentation
- Agree to no in person/close contact visits (phone calls only/video)
- Do you have a Police Check? Must be Yes I have one