Clyde & Ethel Dickson Domestic Violence Shelter
The Clyde & Ethel Dickson Domestic Violence Shelter offers 80 beds and provides triage services in addition to longer-term care. We encourage you to participate in collection drives (pdf) to assist our shelter residents. We have volunteer opportunities in these areas:
- Kitchen Volunteers - Prepare, serve, and clean up after meals (3 per day). Kitchen capacity is 4 volunteers per shift.
- Children's Volunteers - Assure children in our shelter receive necessary support.
- Activity Visits - Bring supplies & people and host activities for residents. Up to 10 people.
- Groundskeeping & Beautification Volunteers - Assists with grounds beautification in addition to basic custodial tasks.
- Supply Mart Volunteers - Serve shelter residents by operating the weekly store where they shop for needed toiletries and supplies.