Guest Relations Volunteer Job Description
Objective: This volunteer position will play a critical role in helping The Food Depot work toward its mission of fostering healthy, hunger-free communities in Northern New Mexico. Specifically, the Volunteer Reception and Administrative Assistant will greet visitors, provide customer service and help with various tasks assigned by staff while following COVID safety protocols. By staffing the front desk, this volunteer position increases The Food Depot’s efficiency by allowing staff members focus on other tasks.
Location: 1222 A Siler Road, Santa Fe, NM 87507
Supervisor: Volunteer Coordinator, Pauline Montoya
- Greet guest at the front door in a courteous and customer friendly manner
- Answer any questions about The Food Depot or directs them to the email of someone that can better assist them.
- Assist staff with office projects, such as filing, mail sorting, etc.
- Reports to assigned shift(s) and gives advanced notice for absences.
- Greet visitors and directs them to other offices, locations and staff members.
- Provides excellent and friendly customer service.
- Instructs volunteers and community service volunteers on sign-in procedures.
- Helps prepare mailings.
- Documents and prepares receipts for monetary donations.
- Assists with filing projects.
- Utilizes mailing, fax and copy machines.
- Assists with data entry on the computer, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Schedule flexibility
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Dependable, organized and detail-oriented.
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks.
- Desire to help end food insecurity in Northern New Mexico.
- Bilingual/biliterate is encouraged, but not required
Dress Code: Dress comfortably and business casual
Time Commitment: One scheduled two to four hour shift each week. Volunteers in this role will experience a varying work flow and may experience periods of inactivity while waiting for assignments.
Schedule Intervals: Shifts are daily between 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. The Guest Relations Volunteer will serve a trial period of three shifts to ensure the volunteer is comfortable and an appropriate fit for the duties assigned. The first shift will be a training shift. After the trial period, the volunteer will be asked to commit to at least one shift a week for a period of two months. The volunteer will be expected to give advanced notice for planned absences and notice as soon as possible for unplanned absences (sickness, etc.).