STOP-IT Program - Hotline Volunteer
The hotline is a 24 hour/day phone number that serves as a resource for service providers and community members looking for more information and/or resources as well as a point of contact for law enforcement and survivors looking for access to immediate STOP-IT services. Under the supervision of the Volunteer Manager and the assigned Outreach Worker, the hotline volunteer will be responsible for providing support and information to persons who call the STOP-IT hotline. The hotline volunteer will be required to answer hotline calls and to provide information and referrals in a timely manner. This position is idea for an individual who enjoys communication with a variety of people and a fast-paced work environment.
- Answer hotline calls immediately.
- Provide information and referrals to callers when appropriate.
- Assess the call to determine the severity and safety of the immediate situation.
- Act as a liaison between the caller and the assigned Outreach Worker when the call requires and immediate response by someone from the STOP-IT team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience in computer programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and Adobe.
- Experience in crisis response.
- Ability to assess immediacy of need and provide appropriate referrals and contacts.
Hours: A minimum of two night (5:00pm-8:30am) or day shifts (8:30am-5:00pm) per month for six months or 1 weekend shift (5:00pm Friday – 8:00am Monday) every six weeks. A six month commitment is required.
Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Additional Requirements: Must have cell phone to which the hotline can be routed and a computer with internet access available when manning the hotline.
Prior to participating in this function within the STOP-IT team, you will be required to complete the following:
- Volunteer application
- Background Check
- One to two 15-30 minute interviews
- A two day volunteer training seminar
- Continuing education trainings
If interested, please complete the volunteer application. The volunteer manager will contact applications to register for the next training upon receipt. Additional paperwork will be completed at the training. Attending the training does not guarantee acceptance into the volunteer program. Goodness of fit will be assessed before and during the training.
For questions, please email STOP-IT's volunteer program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Background Check
- What age category do you belong? Must be at least 18 or older