Holiday Opportunities - Coat Drive Volunteer
Be a part of keeping the community warm by helping The Salvation Army collect coats this winter!
Coat Drive Volunteers will assist with a coat drive event at local Jewel-Osco grocery stores. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accept coat donations as customers enter the store
- Assist with loading donated coats into trucks at the end of the shift
- Follow all standard COVID-19 protocols and procedures while volunteering
Coat Drive Volunteers are needed to cover one or more the following 4-hour shifts at the specified locations:
- Tuesday, November 24th 2:00pm-6:00pm
2502 Waukegan Road, Glenview 60025
- Wednesday, November 25th 2:00pm-6:00pm
1600 Deerfield Rd, Highland Park 60035
- Friday, November 27th 2:00pm-6:00pm
1340 Patriot Blvd, Glenview 60026
- Saturday, December 5th 12:00pm-4:00pm
2775 Pfingsten, Glenview 60025
- Saturday, January 23rd 12:00pm-4:00pm
9449 N Skokie Blvd, Skokie 60076
- Saturday, February 20th 12:00pm-4:00pm
411 N Green Bay Rd, Wilmette 60091
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a high energy level and exude positivity
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Light to moderate physical activity required
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Be reliable, friendly, and hard-working
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check – may be required
Alcohol, drugs, and smoking are not permitted at any Salvation Army facilities or volunteer sites.
Pants/shorts and a shirt with sleeves must cover the waist and fit comfortably. Transparent and tight-fitting clothes are not permitted. For your safety, closed toe shoes are required.
For your safety and the safety of others, you need to bring and wear a personal face covering over your nose and mouth while volunteering. You will also complete a brief health screening prior to volunteering.
Off-street parking is available.
If this volunteer opportunity seems like a match for your experience, skills, and interests, please click + Sign Up below, or the Fill in an Application button.
For additional questions, please contact Captain Christina Champlin at Christina.Champlin@usc.salvationarmy.org.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army!
- Background Check
This activity has the following schedule
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Wednesday, November 25, 2020||2:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Friday, November 27, 2020||2:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Saturday, December 05, 2020||12:00 PM||4:00 PM|
|Saturday, January 23, 2021||12:00 PM||4:00 PM|
|Saturday, February 20, 2021||12:00 PM||4:00 PM|